Terms & Ground Rules
Location Ground Rules
- Everyone has to do their business, so please clean up after your dog.
- Please respect that some dogs may need space.
Bad Weather Policy & Cancellations
We aim to provide a fun but also safe environment for you and your dog to learn.
- Two adult people per dog are allowed to attend the class. If you like an underage person to attend as dog handler, we request to contact as before booking in.
- If you tested positive for Covid-19, please stay at home.
- Dogs are required to have their C5 vaccination up to date throughout the course or you have a valid titre tests.
- If your dog has reactivity issues towards dogs or people, please let us know before your booking. Slight reactivity issues are usually not a problem. However this is a group class and we want your dog to feel safe enough to learn.
Training Course Cancellation
We aim to keep our classes small for best learning results for dogs and their humans. Hence spots in our classes are very limited and classes are often booked out. Despite a waiting list to fill a spot with late notice or after the course start is mostly not possible.
Here is our cancellation policy for group classes:
- For Newtown classes, the venue is an outdoor location with undercover option and most of the time training sessions will be held if there is rain. However if we think it's required to cancel a class due to bad weather conditions or other unforeseen circumstances , the class will be rescheduled to an alternative date (likely to be the following week instead). Cancellations will generally announced 1 hours before the class via text message to your mobile phone number used at sign up.
- Puppy classes are held indoors.
- There is a no refunds policy in place if you miss a training session for which you have paid for.
- If you have booked in for a training group class, cancellation or change of class are only accepted until 7 days before the course start (excluding Stripe payment fee that is included in course price). After that but up to 48 hrs before the course start, your course fee can only be refunded or you can only change over to a different course if you provide someone else to take your spot.
- Please note there are no cancellations accepted if you need to cancel your attendance once the course has started. If there are special circumstances that do not allow you to continue the course (e.g. medical condition that was not present at course start, medical certificate required), we might be able to partially refund the course at the following refund rate:
You attended 3/4 classes = refund 10% of the course fee (ex booking fee)
You attended 2/4 classes = refund 30% of the course fee (ex booking fee)
You attended 1/4 classes = refund 50% of the course fee (ex booking fee)
These refunds are up to our discretion and we are sorry we are not able to provide full refunds.
Partial course bookings
Our courses are designed to be attended in full as each week builds on the learnings of the previous week.
As for our Intro courses (Intro to Agility, Intro to Nosework, Intro to Odour, Obedience & Manners Beginners), please note that no partial course bookings are possible. Please ensure you are available to attend on all class dates.
As for higher levels, partial course bookings can be arranged at the following rate - these partial rates must be arranged at least 4 days before the course start. No partial rates available after that. Sorry!:
4/4 classes = 100% of the course fee
3/4 classes = 90% of the course fee
2/4 classes = 70% of the course fee
1/4 classes = 50% of the course fee
Please contact us for partial bookings.
What you need to bring
- A lead and a flat collar. For Agility classes please bring a harness too. For a start, dogs will be on leash at any time throughout the classes. Make sure your equipment is correctly fitted, or ask us for help.
- Rewarding is key: bring treats. Super yummy treats like devon, cheese or roast chicken will be the deal.
- You can also bring its favourite toy if thats what motivates your dog.
- We recommend to get a treat pouch for your training. You can get them at MyPetWarehouse or other pet shops. Or you can use a bumbag and put the treats in a little plastic zip lock bag inside :) It just needs to be easily accessible.
- Feel free to bring a clicker if you have used one before. Even you want to start using a clicker, bring it along and we will teach you.
- If ok with your dog's diet, don't feed it before training. Dogs work best for food when they are hungry :)
- Please wear closed shoes and comfortable clothes. Especially for Agility classes: No thongs, no heels.
Your dog should be
- When signing up to our classes, you agree to ensure your dog will be up to date with its C5 vaccinations or you can show us a proof of the titer tests.
- Your dogs is able to work around other dogs and people without interacting with them.
- For Agility: your dog is fit and healthy and 9 months of age or older. (For our Agility Try & Go the minimum age is 6 months).
- Let us know if your dog is not desexed and if female when she comes in season.
- If your dog has any medical/ physical issues we should know about, please tell us at registration.
To finalise your registration, the class fee will need to be paid in full.